The Center for Student Involvement
Western Connecticut State University
Student Center 227
Student life is a collective effort at Western Connecticut State University. Students with a common bond may seek to form a student organization. The Student Government Association has the responsibility to provide financial assistance to the group if it meets the SGA's funding criteria. The Center for Student Involvement provides assistance with event organization and execution, leadership development and group dynamics to meet the needs of the organization.
Publicity Request FormFill this form online and hit Submit. It will be sent to everyone at the University involved with publicity notices
Student Club Annual Update FormNow easier to update your club's officers and information.
Links for Clubs and Organizations
- Clubs and Organizations at WestConn- This listing of all active clubs on campus with club description, contact information and links to individual club websites. For more information contact a CSI staff member.
- Organization Forms This site will supply clubs with all the forms necessary for events and operations.
- Event Planning Guide This is a guide for Student Organizations planning events.
- Posting Policies This is a guide for Student Organizations posting flyers and other publicity materials.
- Student Government Association - This interactive website features any information that a club needs to request budgets and more. Check it out!
- Student Affairs - This site will link you to all the services in the Student Affairs division.
The Mission of the Center for Student Involvement
The Center for Student Involvement creates an environment in which all students and student organizations are encouraged and aided in the development of positive social, cultural, intellectual, recreational, and leadership programs and activities. The Center for Student Involvement staff supports this by:
- providing opportunities for student development through participation in the educational mission of Western Connecticut State University.
- assisting in the formation and recognition of new student organizations.
- providing for the total integration of student sponsored events with the educational program of the University.
- assisting and advising student organizations in the planning, organization , supervision and evaluation of their club functions; setting goals and objectives and practicing sound budgetary procedures.
- assisting clubs with the operation of their organization in accordance with the rules and regulations established by various University organizations, including the Student Government Association, the Cashier's Office and the Center for Student Involvement.
- providing leadership development programs to enhance the effectiveness of student leaders.
- facilitating communication among student organizations, the Student Government Association and the administration.