All new students are required to attend our Overnight Orientation the evening before their scheduled orientation. The cost for the program is $35. Students will be able to check in at 6pm the night before for an eventful evening of fun activities and games.
Before you attend:
- It is extremely important that you have taken all of your placement exams if you need them (if you are not sure, contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-837-9000).
- Send in the non-refundable $35 fee (check should be made out to WCSU, sent to 181 White Street, Danbury, CT 06810, Attn: Student Affairs) - make sure your name is on the check.
The evening of overnight orientation:
- Arrive at Fairfield Hall at 6 p.m. the evening before your orientation day
- Get to know other students from within your school - students with whom you will likely be taking classes - during activities and group gatherings
- Get an inside scoop about "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of a degree" at Western from your upper-class Orientation leaders
- Enjoy karaoke in the lounge, lawn game tournaments and other informal games on the lawn
- Meet Student Government Association representatives and other student leaders
- Enjoy pizza and refreshments all night
Items to bring:
- A pillow and pillow case
- A sleeping bag, or sheets/blanket (linens are not provided)
- A towel
- Casual, comfortable clothes
- A fan in case it gets hot
- A jacket and/or umbrella (just in case)
We also would advise to put a luggage tag on your bag to avoid mix-ups.
Questions? Call 203-837-9700