Multicultural Affairs Office
Western Connecticut State University’s Affirmative Action Office will produce an Affirmative Action Plan that is approved by the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO). The mission of our work is to achieve the following:
- Determine the extent to which minorities, women and persons in the protected populations are underutilized or at parity in major employment categories;
- Develop WCSU’s hiring and promotional goals, for people in the protected populations, in all WCSU employment categories;
- Eliminate employment practices that adversely impact people in the protected populations;
- Enhance the number of persons in the protected populations that seek and acquire employment at WCSU in all employment categories; and,
- Provide a detailed result oriented set of procedures, that blueprint a strategy to combat discrimination and achieve affirmative action and fosters a climate conducive to the success, retention, promotion and equal treatment of all peoples as prescribed by federal and state laws.