Office of Institutional Research and Assessment - Annual Report, 2006-07
Located on the Academic Affairs side of the third floor of University Hall, the IRA office is generally open between 8:00 and 5:00, Monday through Friday.
For appointments, contact:
| Jerry Wilcox, Director
Dean F. Isaacs, Research Analyst
The mission of the IRA office is to improve the quality of information for problem solving, decision making, assessment, strategic planning, facilities planning, and effective management of the University.
- The Director summarized departmental assessment reports for the Fall 2006 report to NEASC.
- Both staff members collaborated with CSUS and WCSU colleagues to organize the April 27, 2007 Four Campus Assessment Conference.
- The Director collaborated with the President and VP Amyot to construct the enrollment history and projections in support of facilities master planning.
- Both staff members collaborated with VP Anim-Wright to improve the University’s response to the U. S. News “America’s Best Colleges Survey.”
- The Director collaborated with VP Bernstein and the Provost to implement the Spring 2007 NSSE survey.
- The Director chaired the Assessment Committee and served on the Committee for Undergraduate Curriculum and Academic Standards (CUCAS).
- Both staff members produced informative summaries of faculty workload, credit hour production, and related topics for the Provost and academic deans.
- Both staff members learned the capabilities of REMARK software and the OpScan6 scanner for processing course evaluations and assessment instruments.
- Both staff members analyzed third week Banner data, using BrioQuery, FoxPro and Structured Query Language (SQL) to produce lists and tabulations for schools and departments.
- The Research Analyst worked with department representatives, responding quickly to needs such as processing course evaluations and retrieving statistics from paper files.