The goal of Counseling Services is to provide you with a safe, confidential, and supportive environment to discuss life concerns, challenges and opportunities. College life, while exciting and fruitful, can also be difficult and trying. In the Counseling Center, we offer help in handling the difficulties and anxieties associated with everyday campus life as well as those that arise out of extraordinary circumstances.
Therapy is provided to help students address personal, interpersonal and academic concerns. The therapy process is about problem solving, expansion of awareness, coping skills and personal growth. The more you actively participate in your overall well-being and care, the better.
Students seek help for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to:
- Adjustment to College Life
- Relationships with Family or Friends
- Stress and Time Management
- Depression and Suicidal Thoughts
- Grief and Loss
- Alcohol and Substance Use
- Anger Management and Irritability
- Acquaintance Rape
- Loneliness and Isolation
- Weight or Body Image Concerns
- Identity Issues
- Sleep Disturbance