Department of Art Alumni
Vincent Baldassano, a graduate of Wagner College, Staten Island, NY with Master of Fine Arts, Painting & Drawing from the University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, has taught painting, watercolor, and mixed media at universities, colleges, and art schools throughout the US, including the Universities of Connecticut, Cincinnati, and Buffalo; Silvermine School of Art, New Canaan, CT, and Gateway Community College, CT.
* Executive Director - Connecticut Graphic Arts (now Contemporary Graphic Arts)- Norwalk, CT;
* Managing Director - Northern Westchester Center for the Arts, Mt Kisco, NY;
* Gallery Director - Silvermine Guild Art Galleries, New Canaan, CT;
* Owner/Director - Station Gallery, Katonah, NY
* Owner/President- ArtPak Transport Ltd, NYC
and is now besides teaching at WestConn on the faculty of the National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts, NYC and Assistant Professor Gateway Community College, New Haven , CT.
Mr. Baldassano is a recipient of numerous painting grants, including NYSCA, CAPS Grants, and a SUNY Painting Fellowships.
His work is in the collections of Pepsi Cola Corporation, Pfizer Corporation, the New York Federal Building, Wagner College, the University of Oregon, and Savannah College of Art & Design.
National and international exhibitions include solo shows at the Jakob Kunsthandlung, Basel, Switzerland; Collaborative Concepts, Beacon, NY; Greenwich Academy, Greenwich, CT; Stamford Museum, Stamford, CT; J. Fields Gallery, NYC, and the Hammond Museum, North Salem, NY.
His 2008 show was Symbolic Influences, at the W.P.A. Gallery, Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Cross River, NY