Frequently Asked Questions
I applied for financial aid, do I have to pay my bill?
I am unable to pay my bill in full by the due date, what can I do?
When will I receive a bill?
When are bills due?
What are my payment options?
November 10, 2016
Important health insurance changes effective fall 2017: WCSU no longer bills students for health insurance and the submission of an insurance waiver is no longer required. If you are a matriculated student and need health insurance, go to www.wcsu.edu/insurance to enroll direct with Aetna.
As per the CSU Board of Regents for Higher Education Pages 96-98 Minutes October 20, 2016 Meeting, effective with the start of the Academic Year Fall 2017, the CSU Board of Regents Amended Board Resolutions 12-094 and 03-15 which no longer mandates sickness insurance programs and related automatic billings at the CSUs for full-time students. This eliminates the CSU-provided sickness insurance plan and instead allows the system to provide information and guidance for students to obtain coverage through other means.
“In summary, although we have offered healthcare coverage to our CSU students, there are now alternative avenues to access available to our students which can help reduce the costs for those who need coverage, and prevent charging students with coverage who fail to opt out. The CSUs propose as an alternative to actively inform our students of their other coverage options, and to partner with Access Health CT and the Office of the Healthcare Advocate to improve the health insurance literacy of our students. Further, those students who are currently covered under the CSU s’ procured policy will be advised via letter of the change being made, and also provided with information to help them choose a more favorable plan.”
This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
Q: I applied for financial aid, do I have to pay my bill?
A: You will be required to pay any balance not covered by financial aid by the due date.
Financial aid is listed under the anticipated credit section of your bill and is deducted from your account balance. If you recently accepted your financial aid and completed your requirements, your online statement bill will be updated once a week. Financial Aid information is reflected in our billing system in real time but statement bills are posted online once a week during July and August and December and January. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 203.837.8580 if you have any questions regarding financial aid.
Q: I am unable to pay my bill in full by the due date, what can I do?
A: The Western Connecticut State University realizes that managing the cost of education is a challenge for many families. To help you meet your educational expenses, WestConn has partnered with Nelnet Business Solutions to offer you a low cost payment option. The cost to enroll in the Nelnet payment plan is $35 per semester and there are no interest or finance charges. It is easy to enroll in the Nelnet e-Cashier payment plan online. Once you set up your plan, payments are made automatically.
To enroll in the online payment plan:
- Go to bannerweb.wcsu.edu and click on the “Secure Login” button.
- Enter your WCSU Windows username and password and select the “Login” button.
- Select the “CONNect Cash and EZpay” option under the Student Services Tab.
- To view your bill, which reflects financial aid information, select “View Accounts” from the left hand menu options and then select “Current Statement” from the Select Action dropdown box.
- To enroll in payment plan select “Current Account Activity” from the select Action dropdown box.
- Click onto the fall semester or spring semester icon located near the e-Cashier symbol located at the bottom of the page.
- Welcome to e-Cashier for Western CT State University” web page will appear. Please read the information and click Next Step.
- Complete the Student Information section and click Next Step.
- The Amount Due/Plan Options page will be displayed. Your current semester charges will be displayed under the Expenses section next to the heading Total Current Semester Charges. Enter the amount of your financial aid for the semester under the Credits section next to the heading Authorized Financial Aid. Please do not enter your financial aid amount for the entire year.
- Click Calculate and click in the checkbox next to the payment plan option. The total amount of the payment plan, down payment and monthly payments will be displayed. Click Next Step to select your payment method. You may select payment method from your bank account (checking or savings) or payment from your credit/debit card (American Express, MasterCard or Discover). Select Next Step which will bring you to the Account Information section. Review this information and select Next Step to continue.
- Enter payment and all information as requested and select Next Step to complete your enrollment into the payment plan.
Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full. If a credit/debit card is used, a 2.75 % convenience fee, in addition to the enrollment fee, will be assessed.
Automatic bank payment using your checking or savings account
Credit/debit card (MasterCard, Discover and American Express)
Q: When will I receive a bill?
A: For the fall semester, bills are scheduled to be posted online on June 20th. For the spring semester, bills are scheduled to be posted online on November 20th. An email notification will be sent to all registered students when the fall and spring bill is posted online.
Q: When are bills due?
A: For the fall semester, bills are due July 15th. For the spring semester, bills are due December 15th. Payment for summer, winter intersession and spring break is due at the time of registration.
Q: What are my payment options?
- On-line:With EZpay you can securely pay your bill online using your debit or credit card (MasterCard, Discover or American Express) or by electronic check using your checking or savings account.Login to EZpay at bannerweb.wcsu.edu
- Mail:You can mail in a check or money order to the Cashier’s Office at 181 White Street, Danbury, CT 06810. Make checks payable to Western Connecticut State University and include your student ID number on the payment. Checks returned for insufficient funds or stop payment will result in a $20 fee and you will be subject to late payment penalties.
- In-person:Payments can be made at the Cashier’s Office, located in the Old Main building, room 106. The Cashier’s Office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Cash payments are subject to IRS regulations and identification may be required at the time of payment.
All credit card payments must be made online; WCSU can no longer accept credit card payments at the Cashier’s Office, via fax or phone..
Q. When will my financial aid refund be available?
Financial aid for the Fall 2017 semester is scheduled to be disbursed onto student accounts on Thursday, August 24, 2017. Any remaining balance after your student account has been paid in full will be refunded to you by the Cashier’s Office. Due to the large number of funds being disbursed, the Financial Aid Office requires 3 business days to complete the disbursement process and the Cashier’s Office requires 3 business days to complete the refund process. We realize the importance of processing refunds and make every effort to have them available to students as soon as possible.
*Refunds from the first disbursement run are expected to be available on Thursday, August 31st after 1pm. This is an estimated date and subject to change. If you signed up for direct deposit prior to August 1st, your refund will be made via direct deposit, a check will not be issued. Refunds for students that sign up for direct deposit are expected to be deposited into accounts on Wednesday, August 30th. Deposit dates may vary among financial institutions.
If you have not yet signed up for direct deposit but would like to do so, please download a direct deposit enrollment form at www.wcsu.edu/cashiers/forms/ and deliver a completed form to the Cashier’s Office located on the first floor of the Old Main Building.
Please note that an email will be sent to your WCSU email account when your refund has been issued; students are required to check their WCSU email account for the status of their refund.
*Excludes Parent plus loans as those require additional processing time and refunds are not issued to students. Parent plus refunds are expected to be issued by September 6th.
Please note that these are anticipated refund dates and are subject to change in the event the university is closed due to inclement weather.
Checks Issued in Error: In the event that the Bursar’s Office issues you a refund check or via direct deposit in error, the University reserves the right to reclaim such funds. Any changes to your financial aid award may result in a balance due to the university.