Even professional writers recognize the need for help with their writing. Our tutors are trained to help you write the best papers you are capable of. We can help you at ANY POINT IN THE WRITING PROCESS. Stuck? Having problems getting started? Don't know how to organize your thoughts? Not sure about your thesis statement? Need help with grammar? We can help!
- We can help you GENERATE IDEAS. We don't give you ideas, but we can help identify your own ideas.
- We can help you ORGANIZE those ideas. Students often have several ideas about a given topic. We can help you to organize them so that you can come up with a major idea that will pull your paper together.
- We can help you construct a solid and interesting THESIS STATEMENT that can be supported.
- We can help you to OUTLINE (formally or informally) your paper.
- We can also share DRAFTING STRATEGIES that may make the next stage of your writing process a bit easier.
- We can help you write an effective INTRODUCTION for an academic paper. We'll point out the need for sufficient background information and a strong THESIS STATEMENT. We'll also you to generate sufficient SUPPORTING EVIDENCE to support your thesis.
- We can help with TOPIC SENTENCES and PARAGRAPH ORGANIZATION.
- We can help you to write an effective CONCLUSION.
- We can also help you with DOCUMENTATION and WORKS CITED issues.
- We can help with GRAMMAR and share PROOFREADING STRATEGIES with you. We won't proofread or edit your papers for you, but we can equip you with the tools to do a better job yourself.
- We can help with ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL).
- We can help you with JOURNALING and NONTRADITIONAL WRITING ASSIGNMENTS.
- We can also help you write RESUMES and APPLICATION LETTERS for employment or graduate school.
Most of our tutors are GRADUATE STUDENTS IN ENGLISH who have been trained to you write the best paper you can write.
- Our services are FREE for WestConn students.
- You can SIGN UP FOR AN APPOINTMENT in BERKSHIRE 106. (The tutor schedules are on a bulletin board to the left as you walk in the door.)
- You can CALL TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT at 203.837.8728.
- You can DROP IN to see if a tutor is free.