Ten Minute Play & Webisode Festival
OPEN TO ALL GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS.
WE SEEK short plays and web productions (under 7 minutes)
Over ten plays and webisodes will be chosen for the Festival
Saturday, April 12, 1 to 4 p.m.
WCSU Midtown campus, Student Center Theater
Roundtables: 10 to noon
Readings & Viewings: 1 to 4
- The opportunity to experience a stage reading or viewing of your work by professionals and peers
- Network with Broadway and media experts
- Entries will be reviewed by a professional jury; 10 plays and 10 webisodes will be featured
- All entrants are invited to participate in morning roundtable sessions with professionals on “How to Succeed as a Writer”
- Open to graduate and undergraduate students
- Deadline for submissions is March 11, 2014
For more information, or to submit your entry, contact:
Louisa Burns-Bisogno, Dept. of Writing, Linguistics & Creative Process
Rules for entry:
- The applicant must be a current undergraduate or graduate student at a Connecticut State University.
- Submit only original work by the deadline –midnight, Tuesday, March 11, 2014.
- A webisode script can be a stand-alone or pilot for a series.
- Submit all scripts and webisodes digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Webisode productions must be written by entrant although technical assistance in production is permitted.
- A final (edited) DVD and digital copy of a webisode can be submitted up to March 11.
- Scripts should include a title page with contact information: students’name, University, mailing and email addresses and phone number.
- Plays must be 10 to 12 pages in length (10 minutes playing time).
- Webisode scripts must be between 2 pages (2 minutes) and 7 pages (7 minutes).
- Entrants must grant permission to have their plays read and webisodes viewed at the Festival on April 12.
- Students can submit 2 plays and 2 webisodes.