Summer 2016 Financial Aid
Deadline to Apply for Summer Financial Aid is June 17, 2016
What is Available?
The Federal Pell grant and Federal Direct loans may be available to qualifying students. Additionally, students may apply for alternative loans or have their parents apply for Federal Direct Plus loans during the summer sessions.
Who is eligible?
In order to be eligible to apply for a Federal Pell grant or Federal Direct loans, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must plan on registering for at least half-time during the summer.
- Must be matriculated for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Must have a complete Financial Aid file for 2015-2016.
- Must have satisfied all previous balances.
- Must have Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) at the end of Spring 2016.
How to apply?
Students must complete a Summer 2016 Financial Aid Application. Beginning April 1, applications be will be processed within 3 business days from the date that the form is submitted, at which point students will receive an email notification of their eligibility and further instructions. If at the time of evaluation students are registered for their summer courses, any Federal Pell grants or Federal Direct loans that students are eligible for will be automatically awarded to them and available to view on WestConnduit. Should students wish to decline or reduce the loan amounts awarded to them, they must complete the Student Loan Change Request Form.