The goal of Media Services is to provide the WestConn community with the optimum media and media technology to support instruction and promotion of the University. Media Services assesses, implements and supports media technologies, produces the highest quality media materials, and educates the University community on the use and application of media and technology.
- Media viewing rooms
- Reserving equipment for special events
- Professional video production services
- University Cable Channels
- Digital Signage Policy and Procedure Guidelines
Beginning fall 2014, VHS playback capability in classrooms has been discontinued.
- Media Services will work with the Library to identify and purchase titles available on DVD or digital format. Any purchased DVDs will be housed in the Library and digitized/uploaded to a streaming server for more convenient use.
- Any title not available on DVD will be transferred to DVD and/or digital format.
Due to the time consuming nature of transferring VHS material to DVD and the significant requests for transfers that we receive, please allow 30 days for completion. You may drop off your tapes to Media Services, WH 013 (M-R: 8:30 am-9:00 pm, F: 8:30 am-5:00 pm) or IT&I, WS 119 (M-F: 8:30 am-4:30 pm.) Please call 7-8382 to confirm prior to dropping off tapes to WS.