IT&I Welcomes Students, Faculty and Staff back to campus
August 31, 2018
To the WCSU Community:
As we welcome our newest class to WCSU, there is a sense of excitement on our campuses and we wish everyone a productive and successful semester. Our staff in Information Technology & Innovation (IT&I) has been working hard on many exciting and innovative projects to deliver improvements and new capabilities including:
- New technology resource center in Campus Center 125
- Microsoft Office 2016 upgrade
- Two telepresence classrooms in WH 306 and the Kathwari Honors House
- Completion of our data network and voice system upgrades
- New podcasts including WCSU411, The Compassionate Achiever, Literacy Ladies and Gab & Grow
- Implementation of new IT security initiatives including the upgrade of our firewalls and planning for a protective enclave to further secure our faculty, staff and student data
- Coming soon – new mobile app (MyWCSU)
Please visit our Information Technology & Innovation website to find useful information about the services we provide and be sure to check out the latest edition of our IT&I Newsletter
We also encourage you to become more familiar with our Service Desk portal or please refer to our Samanage “how to” article to learn how to get the most out of our Service Desk “Samanage”.
As always, we remain committed to serving our students, faculty and staff. We welcome your feedback and our doors are always open to meet with you to review suggested improvements or hear your concerns.
John A. DeRosa
Office of the CIO – Western Connecticut State University