Introduction to IT&I
WCSU’s Information Technology & Innovation department extends a warm welcome to our students, faculty and staff. We are excited that the fall 2017 semester has now officially begun and wish everyone success this coming academic year.
Our mission is to provide reliable, innovative, and sustainable technology to support teaching, learning and collaboration. Our service areas include:
- Instructional Technology, including Blackboard Learn
- Information Systems such as Banner, Event Management System etc.
- Media Services – digital video and technology to support instruction and promotion of the University
- Office 365 – email plus new capabilities supporting file sharing and collaboration
- Network, Server and Telecommunication services
- Information Security – from our Network to the desktop and everything in between
- Technology Operations for user services, a new and improved Service Desk and support for our computer labs.
This past summer the staff has been working hard to deliver improvements and new capabilities around our network, Service Desk, university website and digital media. We’ve substantially improved our server environment that hosts our critical applications and information systems for improved reliability and resiliency. Our Media Services department has produced some outstanding videos and content. Our instructional technology team has been testing and preparing for improvements and upgrades to our Learning Management System and other academic and collaborative tools. Finally, we’ve begun work on a four-year CSCU initiative to deliver a more modern and capable student information system.
As always we remain committed to serving our students, faculty and staff. We welcome your feedback and our doors are always open to meet with you to review suggested improvements or hear your concerns.
Please visit our updated Information Technology & Innovation website at wcsu.edu/ITI to contact us and to learn more about the services and support we offer.
John A. DeRosa
Office of the CIO – Western Connecticut State University