Study Abroad Faculty Resources:
In Summer 2010, we will be rolling our first “official” faculty resource page. This will consist of a variety of tools including an online handbook and links to valuable faculty resources. Meanwhile, should you have any questions about leading a course abroad or other opportunities abroad, please contact Elena Hart
News / Announcements
- German Conference at HarvardAddressing Global Challenges:Directions for a New DecadeFebruary 19–20, 2010Conference speakers include:Ursula von der Leyen, Annette Schavan, Claus Kleber and others
- ISEP Spring 2010 Tour of FINLANDThe ISEP Finnish universities invite you to the ISEP Spring Tour of Finland, April 18-24, 2010! Reservations for the tour are limited to the first 20 respondents. Please register online as soon as possible before December 16, 2009 at https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/18013/lomake.html.The cost of $850 covers hotels, site visits, most lunches and dinners, and transportation within Finland. Participants should make their own travel arrangements to and from Helsinki. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions.
- American Councils for International Education offers research and teaching opportunities abroad: www.americancouncils.org
- CIEE International Faculty Development Seminars (IFDS) are short-term, intensive, educational experiences designed to explore fascinations, challenge preconceptions, and open eyes to a wide variety of issues shaping the world today. CIEE IFDS welcomes faculty and administrators from community college through university level. Participants do not need to be experts on the seminar topic or region. http://ciee.org/IFDS.aspx
- WestConn’s Chris Kukk was featured in the Sept/Oct edition of Internation Educator magazine. View the article.
Here are some interesting publication options for you and your students:
- There is a journal called Frontiers – an Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad. Here is more information in case you’d like to contribute to them: http://www.frontiersjournal.com/
If you come across others, please share them with me.