Program Description and Objectives:
This initiative is designed to promote, foster and acknowledge diverse student leadership, and their ability to inspire, motivate and influence others on campus and beyond. The program meets the mission of the University by providing
- Strong skills in communication, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Opportunities for experiential, cooperative and field experiences.
- A strong sense of commitment to public service.
The program enhances students’ basic understanding of the skills necessary to be an effective leader. Some of these skills include civility,ethics,communication, compassion, team and community building, creative problem solving, goal setting, conflict management, financial awareness required forthe management of budgets, resiliency, adaptability, transparency, and accountability. Our goal is to help develop a core of future leaders.
The Hancock Student Leadership Program consists of two components:
A. The Leadership Training Program provides general annual training to students with an interest in leadership, and/or who are involved in campus clubs and organizations.
B. The Leadership Award and Field Experience provide an opportunity for full-time students to be mentored by community leaders. Participants will learn firsthand the skills necessary to become a successful leader.
- WCSU full-time undergraduates with leadership experience
- with a 3.2 GPA or better
- with a minimum of 45 or maximum of 90 credits
- and who submit application materials by Tuesday, February 17, 2015 by 4:00 p.m