Human Resources - University Assistant Hiring Procedures
Following is the information you will need to hire a University Assistant. Please follow the steps one at a time and wait for confirmation prior to beginning next steps.
HIRING STEPS: To request a new University Assistant position, please contact Peggy Boyle, Assistant Director of Human Resources for Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The below steps
will be emailed to you and is an overview of the process only. Please refer to the University Assistant Hiring Procedures and Hiring
Forms additional details on how to hire a University Assistant.
will be included in the email that will be sent to you.
These will be included in the email that will be sent to you.
Step #1 - Complete a Personnel Requisition Form (see attached & complete all yellow highlighted areas) and prepare a Job Description attaching it to the Personnel Requisition Form and have approved by all parties.. The VP-approved Personnel Requisition is then sent to Peggy Boyle in Human Resources. Do not do anything else at this point – you must wait for approval from HR prior to moving on to the next step.
Step #2 - Once you receive confirmation from Human Resources that the Personnel Requisition have been approved by the President, HR & Finance & Administration, you may begin working with HR to run an advertisement (all ads must be approved by Carolyn Lanier, Chief Diversity Officer) OR if person is already designated to move to Step #3.
A. Complete UA Appointment Form, attach the Job Description and the Resume of the person you wish to hire.
B. Obtain the necessary approvals, including Carolyn Lanier, prior to sending it to Human Resources for final processing.
Step #4 – NOTE - This step is only completed for people who have never worked for WCSU or have not been employed by WCSU within the year prior to the hire date: Once HR receives the approved UA Appointment Form we will the contact the candidate to complete a background check The potential employee must complete a WCSU Application of Employment and a Background Check Release Form to begin this process. The background check takes approximately 5 - 7 days once it is submitted to our vendor.
Step #5 – Once the candidate has had a successful background check (if required) a UA Appointment Letter will be prepared. An email will be sent to the Supervisor to alert them that the appointment letter is ready to be signed by the new UA. The new hire will be required to submit the necessary new hire paperwork to the Human Resources department prior to beginning the assignment. The UA may not begin working until they complete & submit this paperwork.
*Important Note: New hires may not begin working until you (or the hiring manager) are contacted by Human Resources that their background check has been completed/approved, the UA Appointment has been approved by HR & Fiscal Affairs and their contract is complete and ready for them to sign.
If you already have a Core-CT account you can access this information the next time you login. Please refer to the link "Core-CT Self-Service e-Apps End User Manual."
If you currently do not have a Core-CT account and would like to access your information please follow the below steps:
- Refer to the link "Step by Step Instructions for Logging Into Core-CT" and follow the steps on page 3 of the "Core-CT Self-Service e-Apps End User Manual."
- When you get to the login page for your User ID enter your six (6) digit State of Connecticut Employee ID Number. To locate your Employee ID #, refer to a recent paycheck stub - your Employee ID # is located in the box next to your name and address. If you can't locate your Employee ID #, please contact Human Resources at 203-837-8665 or email Fred Cratty and it will be provided to you.
- For the Password enter the first four (4) letters of your last name (all in uppercase) + the last four (4) digits of your social security number.
- Click on the "Sign In" button.
- This temporary password will expire the first time it is used and you will be prompted to change it. In order to change it please refer to the "Step by Step Instructions for Logging Into Core-CT" procedure on changing passwords.
- Once you have successfully changed your password you can refer to the "Core-CT Self-Service e-Apps End User Manual" in order to access your personal information and paycheck data.
Core-CT Log In: http://www.core-ct.state.ct.us/
If you have any questions about logging into, or using, Core-CT please feel free to contact Fred Cratty at 203-837-8665 or via email at email@example.com.