Early Return Requests
The deadline for early return requests for Fall 2018 is noon on Monday, August 20th.
The Housing & Residence Life department allows early return for students with extraordinary circumstances, or those required to arrive to campus early.
Note: Some buildings may not be ready for the early return process due to facility projects and renovations. If a student’s room/building is impacted by these projects, s/he will not be approved for early return.
In order to facilitate a smooth move-in for all, students should plan their travel to arrive on their scheduled move-in date.
New and transfer students may move in for the fall according to the times you are sent, beginning a 9 am, on Friday, August 24th. Returning students may move in for the fall on Monday, August 27th, from 10 am – 6 pm. Classes for the fall semester begin on Tuesday, August 28th.
You may be eligible for permission to arrive early if you meet one of the following criteria:
- A newly admitted international student registered for welcome week/orientation
- Students registered for an early-starting academic program (must provide proof)
- A varsity athlete participating in a recognized sport or student activity (must be approved by the Athletic department)
- Have an exceptional travel distance of more than five hours drive from campus (local residents are not eligible for early return)
- Families who live more than five hours away and who have both freshman/transfer and upper class students living in WCSU residence halls
- Families with two or more college students at different universities moving in on the same day (must provide the other university’s move-in letter)
- Students with disabilities (requests must be made through AccessAbilities office)
How do I request an Early Return?
All requests must be submitted via the Early-Return-Request-2018Fall (2). This is an MS Word document that you will need to save and email to email@example.com. It will then be forwarded to your building’s resident director for review. (If you can’t submit the form, please print it and fax it (203-837-8529) or bring it to our office in Newbury Hall.)
For Fall 2018, there are only two times available for Early Arrival:
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018 from 3 pm – 6 pm
- Sunday, August 26, 2018 from 3 pm – 6 pm
* Don’t have Adobe Reader? You can get it here.
Once your request has been received and reviewed, you will receive an email via your WCSU email account, advising you of the status of your request. If your request is approved, the email will provide you with your check-in procedures.
All requests must be received by 12 pm (noon) on Monday, August 20, 2018. Any request received after that deadline will not be considered. Requests may be denied based on the need of the University.
Please contact the Housing & Residence Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Early Return process.