The Jane Goodall Center for Excellence in Environmental Studies
The Jane Goodall Center for Excellence in Environmental Studies is a unique partnership between Western Connecticut State University and The Jane Goodall Institute, a private non-profit organization dedicated to wildlife research, education and conservation.
By design, the Center has linked the extraordinary resources of The Jane Goodall Institute with Western Connecticut State University and its long-standing commitment to the environment and community outreach. The University's exemplary Arts and Sciences class offerings and research capabilities further complement the collaboration. The Center offers interdisciplinary events, programs, classes and workshops that are aligned with The Jane Goodall Institute’s core values:
- We strive to respect, nourish and protect all living things. People, animals and the environment are all interconnected;
- We believe that knowledge leads to understanding, and that understanding will encourage us to take action;
- We believe that every individual has the ability to make a positive difference;
- We believe that flexibility and open-mindedness are essential to enable us to respond to a changing world;
- We require integrity and compassion in all that we do and say.