The Academic Deans provide leadership for development, supervision, and evaluation of personnel and programs in the departments of their Schools. The Academic Deans coordinate interschool functions with other deans; serve on most University-wide committees; and are responsible for the planning and management of their individual schools. Each Academic Dean makes recommendations and reports to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs. Responsibilities of the Academic Deans include:
- Planning, organizing, staffing, allocating resources, directing, coordinating, controlling, and evaluating appropriate departments and offices.
- Enforcing policies and regulations of the Board, University, Administration, and Senate.
- Overseeing the educational tasks (admissions, advising, promotional, student programs, etc.) of their schools and their efficient conduct and management.
- Overseeing and assessing the curricula and quality of instruction of the schools and the assignment of duties to all personnel.
- Serving as spokesperson for their schools.