What is CFFIS?
The Center for Financial Forensics and Information Security (“CFFIS”) is an educational center existing under and as part of the Connecticut State University system. It is located in the Ancell School of Business at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, Connecticut.
The Center is a forum for the interchange of ideas and providing prevention and detection solutions to losses resulting from the following problem areas:
- Financial Reporting and Management Fraud Losses
- Computer System-Data Theft Losses
- Internet Fraud and Identity Theft Losses
- Economic Terrorism Losses
- Fraudulent Insurance losses
- Purchasing/Vendor Fraud losses
- Billing and Shell Company Losses
- Payroll Fraud Losses
- Expense Reimbursement Schemes
- Bribery and Kickbacks
CFFIS is governed by an Executive Board, headed by a Director. All Executive Board members are administrators or faculty of WCSU’s Ancell School of Business. CFFIS receives guidance and support from an Advisory Board, consisting of academics and professionals from the fields of financial forensics, fraud investigation, information security and law enforcement.