Payment Plan Options
Full-Time & Part-Time Students PayMent Plan Options:
Nelnet Business Solutions Online Payment Plan
The Western Connecticut State University realizes that managing the cost of education is a challenge for many families. To help you meet your educational expenses, WestConn has partnered with Nelnet Business Solutions to offer you a low cost payment option. The cost to enroll in the Nelnet payment plan is $35 per semester and there are no interest or finance charges. It is easy to enroll in the Nelnet e-Cashier payment plan on-line. Once you set up your plan, payments are made automatically. You must enroll in the payment plan for every semester that you want to use the payment plan to pay your bill.
To enroll in the online payment plan:
- Login to your Banner Web account at https://bannerweb.wcsu.edu
- Click the "Secure login" button
- Enter your WCSU Windows username and password and click the "Login" button.
- Select "CONNect Cash and EZpay"
- To view your current statement (which reflects financial aid info) select "View Accounts" from the left hand menu options and then select "Current Statement" from the Select Action drop down box.
- To enroll in payment plan select "View Accounts" from the left hand menu options and then select "Current Account Activity" from the select Action drop down box.
- Click on the Fall Semester or Spring Semester icon located at the bottom of the page below the e-Cashier symbol.
- Welcome to e-Cashier for Western CT State University" web page will appear. Please read the information and click Next Step.
- Complete the Student Information section and click Next Step.
- The Amount Due/Plan Options page will be displayed. Your current semester charges will be displayed under the Expenses section next to the heading Total Current Semester Charges. Enter the amount of your financial aid for the semester under the Credits section next to the heading Authorized Financial Aid. Please do not enter your financial aid amount for the entire year. If you have not yet waived the health insurance but plan to do so, enter the amount of the health insurance charge on your account under the Credits section next to the heading Health Insurance Charge.
- Click Calculate and click in the checkbox next to the payment plan option. The total amount of the payment plan, down payment and monthly payments will be displayed. Click Next Step to select your payment method. You may select payment method from your bank account (checking or savings) or payment from your credit/debit card (American Express, Master Card or Discover). Select Next Step which will bring you to the Account Information section. Review this information and select Next Step to continue.
- Enter payment and all information as requested and select Next Step to complete your enrollment into the payment plan.
Payment plan options:
|Last Day to Enroll Online||Required Down Payment||Number of Payments||Months of Payments|
|Fall 2016 Semester - e-Cashier available on June 3, 2016|
|June 30||none||5||July - Nov|
|July 27||20%||4||Aug - Nov|
|Aug 25||25%||3||Sept - Nov|
|Sept 15||33%||2||Oct & Nov|
|Spring 2017 semester - e-Cashier available on November 4, 2016|
|Feb 9||33%||2||Mar & April|
Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full. If a credit/debit card is used, a convenience fee of 2.75% in addition to the enrollment fee will be assessed.
Please do not assume your balance will automatically be adjusted if financial aid is received or a class is dropped or added. Please notify the Cashier’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes that will affect your payment plan balance.
Automatic bank payment using your checking or savings account
Credit/debit card (MasterCard, Discover, American Express, VISA is not accepted)
A $30 fee is charged for all returned payments.
Please note: You must go through the enrollment process for each semester that you want to use the payment plan to pay your bill.
The cost to enroll in a payment plan is $35 and the enrollment fee is non-refundable.
Total Current Semester Charges does not include past due balances for prior terms.
WestConn’s Payment Plan : Full-Time & Part - Time Students
In lieu of the online payment plan, students may choose to sign up for the WestConn's internal payment plan made available at the Cashier's Office, Midtown Campus, Old Main 106. Students are required to pay 1/5 of their balance due plus a $35 enrollment fee. For the fall semester, the first payment is due July 15th and the remaining payments are due the 15th of the month with the final payment due November 15th. For the spring semester, the first payment is due December 15th and the remaining payments are due the 15th of the month with the final payment due April 15th. A complete application and payment must be received by the due date to be eligible to participate in the payment plan and to avoid late payment fees.
If you pay less than the “Payment Plan Due” or if your payment is not received by the scheduled due dates, a Financial Hold will be placed on your account prohibiting you from adding or dropping courses, registering, receiving your grades and securing copies of your transcript. A $50 late payment fee will be charged to your account, your WestConn Payment Plan will be cancelled, and you will be billed for the entire account balance on the next month’s statement.