WCSU’s Career Services welcomes all opportunity to partner with employers in connecting students and alumni with career-related prospects. Click for our brochure which provides more detailed information about our services and resources. WCSU Career Services adheres to the National Association of College and Employer’s developed and adopted Principles for Professional Practice Guidelines.
SENIOR RECRUITMENT AND COOPERATIVE EDUCATION INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Employers seeking candidates for fulltime, professional, entry-level positions are invited to participate in the Senior Recruitment Program where we facilitate the collection of resumes and scheduling of on-campus interview dates (if applicable). Employers seeking WCSU students for co-ops and internships, please check here. We welcome employers to conduct interviews and present information sessions on the WCSU campus to heighten their visibility within our university community and meet students first-hand.
POSTING AN OPPORTUNITY – COLONIAL CAREER CONNECTION
Are you a business owner or a company/organization employee in need of an intern or employee? Post available internships and jobs for WCSU students and alumni on Colonial Career Connection – powered by College Central.
Career Services's Annual Career Fair will be held on April 13th, 2016 at the O'Neill Center on the Westside Campus. This is an annual event and employer participation is by invitation only. Full-time, part-time and summer jobs as well as co-ops and internships are usually available. If you have an interest in participating in the Career Fair, please complete the Career Fair Employer Interest Form and we will review the information for consideration. Invitations to employers are extended in January/February.
SPEAKING TO STUDENTS
There are opportunities to connect with students in various ways:
- STUDENT CLUB/ORGANIZATION MEETINGS & EVENTS - WCSU currently has 80+ recognized clubs and organizations on campus with many incorporating educational and career planning and exploration into their schedule of events throughout the year. Club President contact information is posted here: http://sga.wcsu.edu/clubs/.
- ACADEMIC CLASSES - Some faculty members will welcome employers in to their classes to speak on topics related to curriculum. Faculty contact information is posted here: https://www.wcsu.edu/directory/.
- STUDENT AND CAMPUS CENTER TABLING – To arrange for an informational table in our Midtown Student Center or Westside Campus Center, please contact Marc Gegeny at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-837-8211.
We value the support of employers throughout the university.
- Offer your career-related, industry-specific expertise and advice by volunteering for events such as Career Panels, Speed Networking, Mock Interviews, Employer In Residence and Job Shadowing organized by Career Services. Contact the office at 203-837-8263 or email@example.com for more information.
- We need everyone engaged in the Career Development process. Encourage students to visit Career Services early on in their WCSU career to take advantage of the available resources.