MHA Program Admissions Requirements
Admission to the MHA program requires submission of the following materials:
- A completed "Application for Graduate Study"
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate courses and degrees
- An entrance examination score:
- Graduate Record Examination
- Graduate Management Admission Test
- Miller Analogies Test
- Two letters of recommendation
- Optional -- current rsum or curriculum vita
Once the application process is underway, the applicant meets with the Program Coordinator to complete the application process, to review the program requirements, and to design a course of study.
- 2.50 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) undergraduate grade point average
- 35 percentile or higher score on an entrance test (see below)
Previous academic achievements, entrance test scores (i.e., Miller Analogies Test, Graduate Management Admissions Test, Graduate Record Examination), letters of recommendation, and work experience are all important factors. For example, a record of appropriate employment at increasing levels of responsibility, or significant contributions to the community might be considered.
Applicants are encouraged to be computer literate (i.e., word processing, spread sheet) and competent with fundamental quantitative and statistical tools. While these are not admission criteria, students will gain more from the program if they have these capabilities.
Applicants who do not meet the admission criteria may take two courses selected from MGT 501, MGT 580, and MGT 582. If a grade of A is earned in each of these two courses, the student's application for the MHA program will then be re-evaluated.
Course transfer, waiver and substitution decisions:
A maximum of 9 graduate credits from other institutions may be transferred to the MHA program. To be considered for transfer, the courses (at least a grade of B) must have been completed in the six years prior to enrollment at WestConn.
- A maximum of 9 graduate credits may be waived (with substitution) based on undergraduate course work.
- The total number of waived and transferred course credits may not exceed 15 semester hours.
Students have six years to complete all MHA degree requirements.