Minimum GPA requirements
A 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for all previous college level study is required for consideration for transfer admission to Western Connecticut State University. A 2.0 GPA does not guarantee admission to the University, and students are encouraged to perform to the best of their abilities academically so as to enhance their application for admission. Also please note, some academic programs may have special admission requirements above and beyond the general university admission requirements. Applicants with 45 or more credits must meet all special requirements as indicated below.
- Ancell School of Business programs, including Justice and Law Administration: 2.3 GPA
- Communications: 2.0 GPA; 2.5 for courses applying toward major
- Computer Science: 2.0 GPA; 2.5 for courses applying toward major
- Education: 2.8 GPA overall
- Mathematics/Computer Science: 2.0 GPA; 2.5 for courses applying toward major
- Social Work: 2.0 GPA; 2.5 for courses applying toward major
- Music Department audition requirements
- Art: transfer credits will be determined by the department on a case-by-case. The student shall provide a transcript and course descriptions for eligibility assessment of foundation Art courses for transfer consideration. For concentration-specific courses, the student shall also present a portfolio of work from those courses.