SAT/ACT – Optional Admissions Criteria Requirements
- Minimum GPA of B or 3.0 (recalculated to university standards) or top 35 percent of class
- Grades have the following values:
|A (93-100) 4.0
||C (73-75) 2.0
|A- (90-92) 3.67
||C- (70-72) 1.67
|B+ (86-89) 3.33
||D+ (66-69) 1.33
|B (83-85) 3.0
||D (63-65) 1.0
|B- (80-82) 2.67
||D- (60-62) .67
|C+ (76-79) 2.33
||F (59 & below) 0.0
- Submit official high school transcript
- Submit first quarter senior-year grades
- Write two essays:
- Respond to the question, “Where do you see yourself in four years, and what are three goals you would like to accomplish as an undergraduate?”
- State the reason why you have decided not to submit SAT/ACT scores with your application.
- Submit resume of activities and/or two letters of recommendation
- Apply by March 1
- Submit $50 application fee
- Test scores that are submitted with a SAT/ACT-optional application will not negatively impact the admissions decision.
- If a student does not meet the GPA criteria for the SAT/ACT-optional application, he or she may submit SAT/ACT scores to help with the decision process.
- Students who are applying for or considering Pre-Nursing are required to have SAT scores on record.
- Students who apply with an SAT/ACT-optional application who do not submit test scores will be required to take WCSU placement exams upon acceptance.
- SAT/ACT scores are required in order to be considered for a Merit Scholarship.