Academic Advisement Center for Exploratory Studies MajorsAll full-time and part-time students who have been formally admitted to the University and who have not yet decided on an academic major can seek advisement through the Academic Advisement Center.
- The Director of the Academic Advisement Center is Isabel Carvalho. Isabel may be reached at (203) 837-8411 or via email at email@example.com.
- Our secretary is Carol Ann Frascione. Carol may be reached via telephone at (203) 837-8397 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AnnMarie Puleo works with students whose last names begin with A-E. AnnMarie may be reached at (203) 837-8827 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Allyson Greenwood works with students whose last names begin with F-K. Allyson may be reached at (203) 837-8887 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lisa Peck works with students whose last names begin with L-Q. Lisa may be reached at (203) 837-8564 or via email at email@example.com.
- Irene Duffy works with students whose last names begin with R-Z. Irene may be reached at (203) 837-8133 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have declared a major, you will be assigned a faculty advisor in your major department. If you do not remember or do not know who your advisor is, you can log onto Banner through WestConnduit to find out who has been assigned as your advisor. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to http://Westconnduit.wcsu.edu
- Click the "Banner (my info)" icon.
- Enter your WestConn username and password (Windows username and password).
- Click on “Student Services” and then on “Check Your Status”
However, if you need help before you are assigned a faculty advisor, or if you have any other questions, there are people on campus who can assist you. They include the professional staff in the Registrar’s Office, Old Main 102, who will assist you with adding/dropping classes; and the professional advisors in the Academic Advisement Center who can answer questions about policies and procedures
The Academic Advisement Center has up-to-date information on all academic programs at the University and can assist full and part-time exploratory studies students in choosing a major area of study. In addition, the Academic Advisement Center staff acts as a liaison between the Counseling Center, Career Development and all other academic departments on campus.
Until students have chosen a major area of study and have been assigned a faculty advisor, the staff at the Academic Advisement Center can assist students with course selection and registration.
The professional staff advisors in the Academic Advisement Center are available to:
- Assist you in selecting and registering for courses that meet both general education requirements and allow you to explore various fields of study that may help you decide upon a major area of study
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information about programs and services as well as policies and procedures at the University
- Assist students in assessing academic strengths and interests that will lead to the declaration of a major
- Refer you to other academic departments and university services
Watch the tutorial below to learn how to register for your semester classes!
Watch the tutorial below to understand your academic program sheet!
Watch the tutorial below to learn how to locate and understand important forms!
HIGGINS HALL, ROOM 214
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm
For evening and other hours, please contact us for an appointment