The WCSU Wind Ensemble will open the program with performances of "Fanfare for the Common Man" by Aaron Copland and the national anthem. Other Ensemble selections featured during the program will include "A Letter from Mom," with narration by Deborah DelVecchio;
"Armed Forces Salute," and..."
More from Veterans Day 2010...
Veteran Information Session
(for new, incoming students for Fall 2012)
June 11 – June 14 (day corresponds with academic major)
Warner Hall, Room 103
Meet representatives from Student Financial Services, your Veteran Services Liaisons, and fellow veterans.
Please contact Dawn A. Bailey to RSVP at either email firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone (203) 837-8606 by no later than Thursday, June 7th.
To our Student Veterans
Western Connecticut State University is dedicated to helping student veterans achieve academic and personal success. Whether vets are transitioning back to campus after active duty or facing deployment during their course of study, the university wants to make this a smooth and seamless process. To achieve this, the university has established a Veterans Task Force comprised of student vets, faculty, staff and community representatives. Together this group works to identify potential problem areas for vets.
The task force has been a catalyst in:
- Creating a Veteran's Lounge in the Student Center
- Creating a dedicated e-mail and phone number that can be used to obtain information about campus services
- Identifying key staff who are ready to assist and guide vets during their course of study at WCSU
- Sponsoring the annual Veteran's Day Celebration, which includes the Greater Danbury Community
- Developing improvements in how military transcripts are evaluated for transfer credit
- Improving Student Financial Services, including GI Bill benefits
- Developing a website which provides information for campus veteran students
- Creating partnerships with community veteran programs, such as the Vet Center and Oasis
- Creating special "Meet and Greet" sessions as well as luncheons for campus veteran students
- Supporting the creation of a Vets Club sponsored by the Student Government Association
We invite student veterans to share their experiences with others on campus. They may also attend task force meetings.
If you are serving or have served in the military, please consider
joining the Student Veterans Organization (SVO). Experience
camaraderie with fellow student veterans as you transition to
college as well as participate in a variety of veteran related
activities on campus and within the community. To join this
group or to get more information, please contact: