You Can't Take it With You introduces audiences to the freethinking, eccentric Sycamore family and the mayhem that ensues when their daughter's fiance brings his conservative, straight-laced parents to dinner on the wrong night. This Pulitzer Prize-winning, uproarious family affair is set in pre-depression New York (1936-37), and features comedic fun for the whole family. Directed by guest director, John Hickock'
Chair, Department of Theatre Arts
Coordinator for Musical Theatre Program
Technical Director for the Theatre Facility
Secretary, Department of Theatre Arts
Theatre Arts at WestConn
Don't just dream it.....Act on it!
The Department of Theatre Arts provides a strong theoretical and practical approach to the study of the art and craft of theatre. Students who major in theatre arts prepare for graduate studies and/or careers directly related to performance, design/technology, management and dramaturgy. Students also combine theatre studies with other majors and/or minors such as music, art and media, to enhance work opportunities within the entertainment industry. [read more ...]
Areas of Study
- Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts
Concentrations in Performance, Design/Technology, Theatre Arts Management, Drama Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Musical Theatre
- Professional Resident Faculty
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival Participation
- Yearly New York City Showcase, "WCSU Off-Broadway"
- Children's Theatre and Community Outreach Programs
- Workshops with N.Y. Stage, TV and Film Professionals
- Internships possible with New York City and Connecticut Regional and Professional theatres.