Western Annual Fund Giving Clubs & Societies
Western’s giving clubs and societies recognize your commitment to
supporting students and programs and the areas of greatest need. Our club and society members share a common bond
to provide an exceptional education to Western students.
Personal gifts in the form of cash, stocks or securities can be applied to membership in all Western giving clubs and societies. Annual donors are credited for the total of gifts and pledge payments given between July 1 and June 30 of each fiscal year.
When you become a member of one of Western’s giving clubs or societies, you will be offered a variety of benefits, including recognition in university publications.
The donor clubs and societies include:
- President’s Club ($1,000 +)
- Fairfield Hall Society ($500 – $999)
- WestConn Society ($250 – $499)
- Century Club ($100 – $249)
As a member of a giving club or society, you will be part of a vital support system for WestConn’s pursuit of excellence. We hope you will consider joining us. To join one of these giving clubs or societies, please visit our Ways to Give page or
For more information about giving clubs & societies, please contact: Office of Institutional Advancement, University Hall, Suite 106, 181 White Street, Danbury, CT 06810, Phone 203-837-8279, or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Western Annual Fund
“Members of the President’s Club help us make a strong university even better – for students, for faculty, for the community.”
President James W. Schmotter Many of the individuals most dedicated to the future of Western Connecticut State University are members of the President’s Club. The President’s Club is one of Western’s most prestigious donor recognition clubs. Membership is extended to donors whose annual, unrestricted giving totals $1,000 to $4,999 in a fiscal year.
When you join the President’s Club with a minimum gift of $1,000, you make an especially important contribution to students. President’s Club funding creates opportunities for our students and faculty that allow them to reach beyond the status quo, explore new ideas and experiences that may not be available through traditional funding sources. As a President’s Club member, the university offers you a variety of special benefits:
• Unique access to campus leaders and special events held during the year
• Updates from the president about current initiatives and priorities at WCSU
• Invitations to lectures and events exclusively for members
• An annual reception
• Recognition in donor publications Cast your vote for value, opportunity and excellence when you join the President’s Club today! Get more information and a membership application by downloading the President’s Club brochure. Frequently Asked Questions What is considered an unrestricted gift? An unrestricted gift is allocated to our greatest needs with no restrictions from the donor on how it is to be used — and is essential to the continued success of the University. The president, students and deans depend on these flexible resources to address the university’s most pressing needs and to create opportunities for students such as scholarships and new academic initiatives. What does the President’s Club support? Below are a few examples of how unrestricted President’s Club gifts can make a difference at WCSU: • Student Development: When Carnegie Hall invited theatre and music students to perform, the President’s Fund provided transportation funding for participants.
• Faculty Development: Professors obtain financing for many sources for their research and student training, but the economy and last-minute expenses can jeopardize their efforts. President’s Club funding can help.
• Unexpected needs: Unrestricted gifts provide financial flexibility to act expeditiously. For example, enrolling and counseling displaced WCSU students who have been affected by a disaster, or facilitating emergency aid and loans to students in need. Is President’s Club membership based on the calendar year or fiscal year? Annual membership is based on the university’s fiscal year, which runs from July 1 through June 30. Whom do I contact with questions? Contact the Office of Institutional Advancement by calling (203) 837-8279, or e-mail us at: email@example.com.
President's Club Reception
The annual President’s Club reception was held Oct. 14 at Ridgewood Country Club and sponsored by Gary C. Smith of Fairfield County Bank.