Fresh Start Readmission
The University's Fresh Start Policy allows an applicant who was a previously enrolled, matriculated student with a cumulative grade point average of less than 2.0 to be eligible for readmission under certain conditions. The purpose of the program is to allow students who initially struggled academically to have a second chance at graduating with a GPA unaffected by the below-average grades of their initial enrollment.
- The period of withdrawal or suspension and readmission must include at least one year in which no college courses were taken at WCSU. Remedial non-credit college courses in English and mathematics are accepted. The director of University Admissions may waive this condition, provided that during the period of withdraw or suspension and readmissions, the applicant has: (1) taken at least 12 credit hours of courses at another institution which are transferable to WCSU and (2) earned a grade of "B" or better with respect to each such course taken. Nothing herein shall be interpreted in a manner that would require the director of University Admissions to waive the condition.
- Completion of no more than 60 credits at WCSU with a "C-" or higher average, when applying for admission.
- Satisfactory completion of WRT 098: Written Communication and/or MAT 098: Elementary Algebra prior to admission, if appropriate.
- Significant evidence of personal growth since withdrawal, in the form of two letters of recommendation. A student may be conditionally admitted to the University under this policy, resulting in restrictions in the number and nature of courses taken during the first semester of enrollment.
- A personal interview may be required.
- The Fresh Start Program may be exercised only once. The student’s cumulative GPA at WestConn becomes 0.0. Grades of "F,"" D-," "D," and "D+" are forgiven. Grades of "C-" or better count toward graduation. Students are admitted on probation under this option.
- Students must meet all criteria for the academic program they wish to be enrolled in. Please see specific program requirements in the catalog.