What is the Emergency Notification System?
Western Connecticut State University has put in place an emergency notification system.
Get alerts via:
- phone (land-line or cell phone)
- text message
- unsafe conditions on campus.
How do I sign up?
- Please review the step-by-step instruction guide by choosing the "OPT IN for safety" image, or
- If you've already read the instructions visit: www.mir3.com/wcsu
What type of alerts will I receive?
The emergency notification network will be used when:
- an emergency condition is imminent or,
- a situation exists that threatens the health and safety of individuals on or near the WCSU campus
The emergency message you receive will give instructions to evacuate or stay in place, and other measures.
When an emergency is declared, the WCSU Police Department and members of the president’s Emergency Management Team will respond. Further communication to the campus and surrounding community will be made through the WCSU Web site and other methods, including possibly radio and television.
The emergency notification system will also be used for:
- weather alerts
- informing users that the campus has been closed because of snow or other conditions
- conducting periodic tests, which will always labeled as such.
Your phone numbers, e-mail or any other information supplied to the Emergency Notification System will be used solely for the use of emergency and weather alerts. You will not receive any other messages or spam from the university or any other source via the university alert system.