The Tutoring Resource Center offers a workshop that will help you to manage your time and assist you in preparing for exams. The title of this workshop is "Strategies for Midterm Triumph" and it takes place twice each semester on the 2nd Floor of the Haas Library.
Please consult the schedule of Workshops for the next one that deals with Time Management.
Meanwhile, if you are in need of some time management help right now, here are some tips:
1) Take a few minutes to list all of the classes you are taking this semester.
2) Write down exactly what you need to study to prepare for this class (vocabulary, writing skills, math skills, taking and reading notes, group activities, presentations, research)
3) Get a calendar with space to write the following information on each day:
a. Class schedule
b. Work schedule
c. Other responsibilities
d. Study schedule
4) Each day, spend at least one hour studying for at least one of your classes. There may be some days where you have the entire day free. In that case, don't overload yourself, but plan a definite time to study . Create an environment that is comfortable, where you can concentrate without interruptions.
5) Once you establish a pattern of studying, you will naturally fall into this habit. Play with the study times for a week, trying out different study times. Then, determine when is the best time for you. You will remember information better when you receive it in the most comfortable setting.
These hints should get you started. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact the Tutoring Resource Center (203-837-9245).
Register for our workshops, too! They are free and will help to make your experience at Western CT State Univ. a successful one.