Wireless Printing Guide
Printing from the Wireless and Residence Hall Networks
Using the WiPrint system from WestConn’s wireless or residence hall networks is very easy and only requires a web browser. For printer locations and a list of supported file types, please read the FAQ.
- While connected to the wireless or residence hall networks, open a web browser to https://print.wcsu.edu.
- Click on the print icon to proceed:
- Login with your W-WCSU-LOCAL username and password. (Students can obtain a W-WCSU-LOCAL account at one of the staffed computer centers on campus. Faculty and staff can obtain a W-WCSU-LOCAL account by contacting the Information Technology & Innovation Help Desk.)
- After logging in, select the printer to which you wish to send your file
- On the next page (see Figure 1) click on the “Browse” button to select the file you wish to print. Alternatively, you can print a web page by entering the URL in the “Web Page” field. For information on supported file types or limitations, please read the FAQ.
- Click on the "Submit" button to upload the file.
- Once the file is uploaded, you will then have the ability to adjust the orientation, number copies, and page range. Alternatively, you can specify an URL of a web page that you wish to print. (Please see FAQ for information regarding limitations.)
- Click on the "Continue" button to proceed.
- A pop-up window will appear while the system is preparing your print job. Once the “Approve” message appears (See Figure 2), you can finalize your printout by clicking on the “Submit Job to Printer” link. If you do not see the pop-up window, please check your browser settings to all pop-ups from "print.wcsu.edu".
- Once the pop-up displays a status of Complete, your printout is then sent to the printer for processing
Tips and Troubleshooting
- Please configure your web browser to allow pop-ups from “print.wcsu.edu”.
- Only submit one print job at a time. Sending multiple jobs simultaneously may cause them to fail. Only specific files are supported.
- For more information, please read the FAQ.