Hometown: Hamden, Conn.
Major: Political Science
WCSU Degree: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Political Science
Internships: Patient Financial Services office at Yale New Haven Hospital
Activities: SGA senator, SGA vice president of finance, SGA finance committee member, residential assistant in Pinney and Grasso halls, Pinney and Grasso hall councils, Judicial Board member, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Black Student Alliance events coordinator ... [read more...]
2012 Commencement Highlights
Graduate commencement video
Nearly 970 students received undergraduate degrees as friends, families and loved ones filled the Westside Athletic Complex stadium on Sunday, May 13, for WestConn’s 114th commencement. Entrepreneur and philanthropist, Ronald Bruder was the commencement speaker.
At a separate graduate commencement ceremony on Friday, May 11, in the Feldman Arena of the William O’Neill Athletic and Convocation Center, 160 students received graduate degrees. Several educators also received doctoral degrees. Commencement speaker Nancy Wyman, Connecticut's Lt. Governor, discussed “your future is Connecticut’s future.”
As important as the actual degrees received are the feelings of accomplishment and satisfaction experienced by our graduates. Whether they enrolled at WestConn upon graduating from high school, after a stint at a community college or other university, or after decades in the workforce — every member of the Class of 2012 had something to celebrate at commencement.
Following are highlights of commencement weekend, in images, video and narrative.
WCSU Commencement In the News
- WestConn names graduation speaker - March 28
- Lt. Gov. Wyman to address WCSU graduate commencement - April 3
- Wyman will address graduate students - April 3
- WestConn grads urged to persevere
- WCSU graduate and doctoral degrees
- A Little Failure May Be Necessary, Nearly 1,000 Graduates Heard at Western Connecticut State University
- Bethel Students Graduate from WCSU: Add photos of your graduate!
- The Western Connecticut State University List of Undergraduates
- 1000 Graduate from WestConn; 48 from Brookfield
- Graduation at WCSU