Freshman Applicant Requirements for Admission
WestConn requires that candidates for admission have a high school diploma from an accredited secondary school or an equivalency diploma. General Educational Development (GED) scores must be converted into a State of Connecticut Equivalency Diploma. The following guidelines must also be met:
- SAT (1000 guideline) ACT also accepted
- Rank in Class (top one-third guideline)
- B- average in the following:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years math (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2)
- 2 years social sciences, including US History
- 2 years of laboratory sciences
- 2 to 3 years of foreign language (3 recommended)
- Each applicant is assessed individually.
- Nursing, Education, and Business may have higher requirements.
- Department of Music prospective students audition requirements.
- a completed signed application form
- a $50 non-refundable application fee
- SAT I or ACT test scores (or placement exam scores)
- Immunization Requirement (prior to registration)
- official high school transcript or equivalency diploma
- a personal essay (open topic)
- optional: letters of recommendation and/or interview with a counselor
For those applying for the fall semester, notification of admission begins on December 1 and continues on a rolling basis. A reply to our offer of admission must be received by May 1. Rolling admissions for the spring semester begins on October 1. Note that although most freshmen enter WestConn in the fall, roughly 10% enter in other semesters.